Friday, August 1, 2008

Present Continuous Tense 1

(example : to play)

Affirmative


I am playing

You are playing

He/she/it is playing

We are playing

You are playing

They are playing


Negative

Long Form Contracted Form

I am not playing I'm not playing

You are not playing You're not playing

He/she/it is not playing He/she/it's not playing

We are not playing We aren't playing

You are not playing You're not playing

They are not playing They aren't playing


Interrogative

Am I playing?

Are you playing?

Is he/she/it playing?

Are we playing?

Are you playing?

Are they playing?


The Present Continuous is used :

● To talk about continuous activities :

1) at the time of speaking :
- I am reading this page now.
2) around now, in a more general sense :
- I am learning English this year

● To talk about planned future arrangements :

- Next month I am spending my holidays in Australia.
I have already booked my flight.

- Our neighbours are coming to dinner tomorrow.
They have accepted our invitation.


FROM: LEARN ENGLISH TODAY

No comments: